Friday 27 November 2009

The weekend

Here's an example of how quickly we have to work sometimes.  As I type this, it's 6.50pm on Friday evening.  I'm at home.
 
An hour ago (so after 5.30pm on a Friday) I received an email telling me that a pop concert we've had "pencilled" in the diary for almost a year is definitely happening.  Cool!
 
All we need to do is have our ducks in order, ready to announce the concert on Monday.  Not so cool!
 
It won't actually go on sale on Monday, it will likely be later in the week.  I haven't had that detail yet, but it's just one of many details that has to be confirmed ahead of our Marketing team sending the Press Release to The Herald and others on Monday.  We need official photos of the act, their biography, date of the show (which we have), time of the show, ticket prices, details of any support act, age restrictions, whether each customer is only allowed to buy a certain amount of tickets.  I could go on.
 
Then we need to get the official paperwork together and back to The Promoter for their sign off, plus write and proof the Press Release.
 
At the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment