Tuesday 10 November 2009

Hello!

Hi there! I’m Gavin, and I’m the Programming & Marketing Director at Plymouth Pavilions. What that basically means is that I’m the one that books the various things that happen in the arena, and then oversees the marketing & ticket sales. It’s a really cool job in a fun industry, and my hope is that I can share some of that with you right here.

I thought it would be useful if I use this first post to tell you a little bit about me. I’m 35, married with 2 children, and live in Oreston. I’m Plymouth born & bred, and love this city. My previous career took me away from Plymouth, spending a few years in Cardiff & Ipswich, but we missed Plymouth too much, and decided to return for good. That was a year ago, and that’s when I came to work at the Pavilions.

Running an arena was a new line of work for me, so it’s been a year with a very steep learning curve: getting my head around how the industry works, booking shows, turning many more away…I’m loving every minute of it. My aim is to share as much of the interesting stuff as I can with you here, and as we’re just about to go into our busiest time of year, I’m hoping for plenty of gossip from backstage too!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment